Mental Health Services 630 East River Street, 5 WestElyria, Ohio 44035440-329-7596
Individualized care in a small, comfortable setting
The Univeristy Hospitals Elyria Medical Center Mental Health team strives to help those in need of inpatient psychiatric services achieve immediate relief from crisis and an improved ability to cope with stress.
Patients will receive:
- Adjustment and management of medication
- Enhanced communication and problem-solving skills through group and family therapy
- A continuing care plan for after-discharge needs
- Facilitation of return to work or school
- Restoration of a healthy balance of body, mind and spirit
UH Elyria Medical Center Mental Health also treats "co-occuring disorders," such as chemical dependency with mental illness.
The unit is comprised of an experienced and compassionate interdisciplinary staff, including:
- Psychiatrists who lead and direct the individualized care and treatment plans
- Psychiatric nurses who provide 24-hour support and education
- Licensed independent social workers who conduct therapy sessions (individual and group), as well as coordinate discharge plans
- Occupational therapists who provide functional and vocation training
What we offer
Located inside the UH Elyria Medical Center, the Mental Health unit consists of 12 semi-private beds, staffed by experienced nurses, social workers and therapists. Under the direction of Psychiatrist Dr. Boris Royak, the unit strives to treat patients using personalized plans of care within a relaxed and therapeutic setting.
Treatment programs include:
- Private sessions with a psychiatrist
- Group therapy, led by social workers, occupational therapists and nurses
- Music therapy
- Family therapy, if indicated
- Spirtuality group
- Psychoeducation group
- "Dealing with your Diagnosis" group
- On-unit Alcoholics Anonymous group
Referrals and Admissions
Patients are admitted to the unit via one of the three emergency departments within the UH Elyria Medical Center, or with a referral from a staff psychiatrist.
Please call us at 440-329-7596 or 440-329-7877 for additional information.