Visitation practices at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center are based on ensuring that the patient, and other patients on the unit, has a right to an environment that promotes comfort, rest, privacy and quiet.
At times, visitors may be asked to go to a waiting area for the privacy and rest of the patient or roommate, or for patient care procedures.
Generally, patients will be allowed two (2) visitors at a time. Departments may grant exceptions based on special situations.
General Visiting Hours:
- 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (no restrictions on children under 16 if accompanied by an adult)
Pediatric Visiting Hours:
- 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (12 years and older). Parents may visit at any time. Children 12 years of age and younger, accompanied by an adult, may visit from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and from 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Family Birth Center Visiting Hours:
MICU/SICU Visiting Hours:
- Visiting hours are restricted. Refer to Critical Care Visitor's Pamphlet at the MICU/SICU nursing unit desk.
Mental Health Unit:
- Daily from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- No children under the age of 14 are allowed on the unit. All packages must be checked at the nursing station