Home Care 90 East Broad StreetElyria, Ohio 44035440-329-7519 [referral line]
University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center Home Care, along with Valued Relationships, Inc. (VRI), can assist patients in easily monitoring their health and vital signs. A home telemonitoring unit called "HealthPal" is used as part of a comprehensive disease management program. The system monitors the patient's vital signs and symptoms and send the information to the home care nurse via cellular towers. This "early warning" system enables the nurse to recolve small problems before they escalate, leading to fewer ER visits and hospitalizations.
Disease Management program have proven::
- 50% reduction of re-hospitalizations for CHF management
- 33% reduction in ER visits
- Increased compliance with treatment program
- Improved quality of life
How Telemonitoring Works
Patients are provided with simple to use equipment to monitor weight; blood pressure and pulse with the push of a button and simple voice prompts.
- Data transmits from patient's home via cellular line. No phone required.
- Disease Management RN in the home care office monitors results via secure internet on a daily basis.
- Physician may also access secure web site to monitor individual patients.
- RN follows up with physician on regular basis with trend results.
- Patients are followed closely with personal phone calls or visits to prvent potential complications.
For more information or to make a referral, please call UH Elyria Medical Center Home Care at 440-329-7519.
||UH Elyria Medical Center Home Care is certified by The Joint Commission. The public may contact The Joint Commission's Office of Quality Monitoring to report any concerns or register complaints about a Joint Commission-accredited health care organization by calling 800.994.6610 or emailing to email@example.com